etK-Epiktro etK-Epiktro

Decent

It's got some really basic synths, but some pretty interesting melodies. The main problem is the gain. You've got distortion coming through when you have a lot of instruments playing; probably because you're cranking the levels on some of the lower frequency instruments to try and compensate for the amount that the higher pitched instruments take away from the bass.
It's a fairly simple thing to fix by using EQs rather than just simply adjusting the faders. If you'd like some good tips on how to mix with EQs rather than simply cranking your levels, toss me an email or PM and let me know what program you're using primarily. I'll let you know what kind of EQ plugins I generally use and simple little tricks to make your instruments mesh better together.

etK responds:

I use FL Studio . I find your review very helpful. if you accept to make a tutorial, I'll send you an e-mail in PM. But there's still 1 problem: I'm french. I can't get all you say. If you can speak french it's better for me but if no, it's not a big matter.

Thank you. =)

Horror Rave Horror Rave

Good but definitely needs to be longer!

The ending comes to soon, makes this into a full rave track man!

06 - Surface 06 - Surface

A really great ending to a flawless EP

First off, Roshio who claimed this could be a great doom metal song... clearly has no idea what doom metal is. This is melodic, doom metal is chaotic.

Anyways, the musicianship never ceases to amaze me. It's great to see guys like you here on Newgrounds. I wish there were more musicians like you guys around where I live, it's impossible to find people who can construct a song or play an instrument well... Great work guys.

02 - Pathology 02 - Pathology

I never favourite songs on here

This is the one occasion where I had to. This song is so flawlessly constructed, everything from the chorus sections to the extra heavy breakdowns with all that extra bass, to the soft sections and not to forget the clipping used for the first verse section. That to me is extremely well utilized. It isn't over used throughout the song and it goes perfectly with the riff work and drumming.

You guys are incredible.

05 - Glowing Water Rats 05 - Glowing Water Rats

Love the synth intro...

And everything else. This is how to properly utilize keyboards in metal songs. I can't stand the amount of bands that use keyboards for the sake of using keyboards and ruin the rest of the music because of it. All you guys need is a guy like Bjorn Gelotte to do vocals and this would be my new favourite melodic metal. You guys have some incredible break downs and sections where choruses would sound amazing. I wish I could be in this band to write lyrics and do vocals for you guys, the words flow through my mind so easily when I hear this well constructed musicianship. I hope I get to hear these songs with a proper vocalist who doesn't ruin what great music you have created here.

01 - Bus Driver 01 - Bus Driver

Very good

Has a very similar feel to Dream Theatre mixed with Beneath the Massacre almost, I really like this song. I also very much like the change ups with instrumentation. The variety makes this song enjoyable from start to end. Keep this up! I'm curious though, do you guys have a vocalist? I can imagine the killer vocals that could accompany this... I would love to do something with this vocally.

Hey Tom! Hey Tom!

Uhhh...

How the hell are we supposed to know what you mean by "those bass sounds" that is VERY VERY VERY vague :P Maybe describe the sound you are looking for. Not half bad but not entirely original :P good work though!

Methreee responds:

Haha, yea, my bad. I kind of wasn't thinking when I posted that. But mainly I'm trying to get a deep dark bass, I don't really know.
Thanks.

interuptions interuptions

Very offbeat

It sounds really cool by around 55 seconds, an easy concept but for the most part well executed. Needs more atmospheric sound though in my opinion.

cnshadow responds:

It's more like a "work in progress" thingy. Lenght is aimed at 3 - 4 mins.
Might take a while to finish completely.

song to go home ... song to go home ...

Funky

Very jazzy or bluesy, interesting style. It is very bassy but it sounds fitting. I personally think this song could be better if more time was taken for the recording and editing portion but I like it.

Talking To Myself Talking To Myself

Too distorted

The gain seems to be a little high or there was somewhat of a production error when this was finalized, it is ok but I personally think it sounds a little too much like a Flyleaf remake kind of.

LenardNotLenny responds:

Yeah, the distortion level was purposely high. But maybe it was too much... I don't even know what Flyleaf is...